The organic way of improving your website’s reach is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO entails the holistic process of ranking a website on top of the search engine algorithm for relevant keywords. The dynamic nature of SEO has kept webmasters on their toes, especially in recent years. The on-page and off-page optimization techniques have remained the discussion points for many years now.
One of the most important factors which play a direct role in determining the fate of a website is the hosting plan. For starters and new website owners, VPS Hosting could be a good rallying point if they are looking to rank their website on the first page of the search engine quickly.
Before we move on to understand how VPS Hosting can have an impact on SEO, it is necessary to get a clear understanding of the VPS Hosting architecture.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) works by creating multiple virtualized environments from a single physical server. These virtual servers are connected to the host utilizing an application called the hypervisor. Each virtual server mimics the environment of a Dedicated Server, as they work without any interference from each other. Since the traffic inflow and performance of one website do not adversely impact all other websites on the same server, it offers a robust server environment for your website with improved performance and security.
1. Improve uptime score: Uptime score is usually measure in terms of percentage and the most common uptime score guarantee by the hosting provider is 99.9%. This means that a website is down for an average of 1.44 minutes per day or 8.8 hours per year. From an SEO perspective, a website experiencing frequent downtime will experience a fall in its SERP rankings. VPS Hosting has stood the test of time in providing higher uptime compared to other hosting types. Also, the architecture of VPS Hosting allows it to work without any interference from other websites, making it one of the most reliable hosting solutions.
2. Better loading time: The importance of website speed cannot be understand. Various reports suggest that a website loading time of more than 3 seconds can drive away a significant portion of your potential customers. Among various factors, the hosting type you use has a direct impact on your website loading time. VPS Hosting is consider as a natural upgrade from a Shared Hosting plan as it offers better website speed. One of the major concerns in Shared Hosting is that if a website on the server is consuming a lot of resources, it could slow down all other websites on that server. However, with VPS Server Hosting, your allocated portion of the server does not have any interference from other websites as you have a unique IP address.
3. Robust security features: In Shared Hosting, all the websites hosted on that server share the same IP address. A cyber breach on a single website can compromise the security of every website hosted on that server. In contrast, VPS Hosting splits the server into multiple environments, each with their own unique IP address. With complete root access to your VPS server, you can install and configure various security features to make your server ironclad against any cyber threats.
4. Greater control over the server: The VPS Server comes with complete root access that gives you greater control over the server. It can be tweak to your advantage by installing various applications to optimize the functionalities of the server. VPS Server also gives you the option to install the operating system of your choice.
5. Easy upgradation: With more organic traffic to your website, it is best to prepare beforehand. VPS allows you to increase your resources as per your needs. This will give you the scope of improving your SEO game further.
6. Managed VPS Hosting: With a Managed Hosting plan, much of the responsibilities of managing and configuring the server lies with the hosting provider. This is also beneficial from an SEO point-of-view, as the hosting provider will take care of installing applications that can help your website climb up the SEO ladder.